Here are a few facts about AEG’s commitment to our planet:
- In 2007 AEG received the European Commission’s prestigious Sustainable Energy Award in the Corporate Commitment category, recognizing their continued commitment to reducing energy consumption in production facilities, products and services.
- Nearly all of AEG’s production facilities have received ISO 14001 designation.
- Since 2000 AEG has reduced energy consumption in its washing machines, dishwashers, and ovens by 25% to 30%.
- Washing your dishes in an AEG dishwasher actually consumes less water, energy and detergent than washing by hand.
- AEG Lavamat washing machines have received A+ ratings in Europe—the highest possible. They consume 25% less energy than models produced in the late 1990s, and 50% less energy than those manufactured in the 1980s.
- Thanks to development of heat pump technology, AEG dryers are the first dryer to be designated Class A for energy use, consuming 43% less energy than traditional C Class dryers.
- AEG has patented an innovative cylindrical burner that minimizes emissions of carbon monoxide (CO) and nitric oxide (NOx) from gas cooktops and ovens.
- AEG appliances comply with RoHS (Reduction of the use of certain hazardous substances), a European Directive that calls for the reduction or elimination of potentially harmful substances such as lead, cadmium, mercury and chromium in the manufacture of appliances and electronics.